Spring arrives and we are finally able to spend more time outside. It’s time to take a look at some things in and around the house after a long winter and rainy spring season.
- Inspect the roof – remove any branches, check for loose shingles
- Gutters and downspouts – make sure downspouts drain away from the house and gutters are clean of debris
- Siding – make sure all siding is secure, power wash
- Windows & Doors – check caulking, refill or replace if necessary
- Air conditioner – remove winter cover and clean area around the system. Consider having it serviced/tuned up.
- Foundation – check for cracking or heaving. Also check for correct drainage away from the house.
- Decks/porches – check stability of railings and stairs. Power wash and seal. Replace any rotting wood.
- Landscaping – cut back any trees or shrubs that are growing too close to the house
- Flower beds/trees – Spruce up the yard with new mulch
Owning a home can be a bit of work every season, but the benefits of having a place of your own are well worth it!
If this is all getting to be a bit too much work for you, consider hiring some help from First Weber’s Concierge Service.
If you are thinking of selling your home, check out your competition at firstweber.com
Try out our Automatic Valuation Tool
You can get 3 instant home valuations just by entering your address at FirstWeber.com. Then, contact your agent to talk it over for their opinion.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Central Wisconsin, Southwest WI, Western WI, parts of MN, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Northeast Wisconsin andWisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.