Now that it is getting cool enough, it is time to get some work done in the yard in preparation for fall and, of course, winter. Taking the time to prepare your yard and home now can save big headaches and possibly big money down the road. Maintaining your home is very important to retaining, and adding, value.
Here are some things to tackle during the upcoming weekends:
• Cut down & dispose of any spent plantings
• Put away or cover deck & patio furniture
• Put the lawnmower away, empty the gas tank or add stabilizer
• Get the snowblower ready
• Keep up with removing leaves off lawn and out of flower beds
• Unhook outdoor hoses & turn off water to them
• Clean out gutters to avoid blockages & prevent ice dams
• Stow flower pots & planters away. No one wants to look at dead plants.
• Powerwash the deck, siding and/or patio
And, after the work is done:
Plant any spring bulbs
Put out some fall decorations
Enjoy some fall comfort food and football
Homeowning does come with some work, yet the rewards of owning are well worth it. If we can help you sell your home or buy a new one, please contact one of our Wisconsin real estate agents. You can see real estate for sale across Wisconsin at firstweber.com
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Western WI, parts of MN, Michigan’s UP, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.