How to get FEMA flood assistance for your Wisconsin property

July 1, 2008

This information was passed along by Waukesha County Emergency Management and the Oconomowoc Chamber of Commerce but is applicable to almost anyone in Wisconsin since as of this writing 28 counties in Wisconsin have been declared federal disaster areas.

If you have flood damage and want to register FEMA assistance, reporting your damages to your local municipality is not enough!

To register for FEMA assistance call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362) or complete forms online at  Only those who register with FEMA, receive an application number and who submit an application will receive assistance from FEMA or the Small Business Administration.

The Waukesha County Disaster Recovery Center opened last Friday and FEMA representative are on hand. County representatives are also on hand to distribute private well test kits, tetanus shots, flood clean up information and more. 

Find out more from Wisconsin Emergency management here including links to other Disaster Recovery Center information.

Here’s hoping for a safe rest of the summer and a safe Fourth of July weekend.

Subscribe via email for blog updates