Would you agree with this list? How does your home (if you are a seller) or homes you’ve looked at (if you’re a buyer) stack up against these views of what matters to buyers purchasing a NEW construction home? Even if you are selling or buying an existing home, the features that are desired in NEW homes should be of interest as they show changing trends which can be used in remodeling wisely and purchasing wisely for resale down the road.
In general, new construction buyers want smaller homes with flexible space (not rooms) and a house good for casual entertaining.
Here’s the original article at MarketWatch and here is a recap of the top 10 features desired in a new home:
1. Kitchen with an island
2. Energy efficient appliances
3. Home offices and studies are more desirable than theater rooms or formal dining rooms
4. Main floor masters
5. Outdoor living space
6. Ceiling fans
7. Master bath soaker tubs, rather than whirlpools. Showers with seating also popular.
8. Stone and brick exteriors
9. Community landscaping and walking paths
10. 2 car garage
In a NEW home, I’d probably agree with all but a few. What about you?
First Weber Group sells homes of all ages and styles across Wisconsin and we can help you when you are ready to go! We value your opinion and are looking for your input and your comments.