Car Winterizing Recommendations
Consider these car winterizing suggestions before the temperature drops:
- Place snow tires on your vehicle.
- Check your tire pressure. Cold temperatures cause tire air pressure to drop since gases contract when they’re cold.
- Check your four-wheel drive system for malfunctions.
- Change the oil in your engine and check the viscosity grade.
- Have belts and hoses inspected.
- Inspect wipers and refill wiper fluid.
- Check your car battery. Extreme temperatures can cause your vehicles battery to operate at less than 50%. If your battery is over three years old, have it tested.
- Check the antifreeze mixture. The ideal mixture of antifreeze and water in your radiator is 50:50.
- Place a roadside emergency supply kit in your car.
Information courtesy of Pam McCarthy, First Weber Group Insurance Services
Photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/tapps/3086758120/##
Thanks for visiting the First Weber Wisconsin real estate blog. Are you looking forward to winter or not?