For Wisconsin homes to sell today, the price has to be compelling, house has to show very well and being move-in ready is a BIG plus. Buyers have plenty of properties to choose from so it is important to put your best foot forward, without going overboard. The following are some tips on what is worth doing (and what may not be worth doing), based on data from Remodeling magazine’s 2010 Remodeling Cost vs. Value report.
Kitchen pre-sale ideas:
– Make sure appliances are working properly. If not, replace them…but not with the top of the line designer models.
– Don’t completely replace cabinets, reface them instead. It costs much less money and can bring a house up to date nicely.
– Declutter the counters. This is a MUST!
– Dress up the kitchen table with a nice arrangement
– Make sure the contents of your cabinets are organized to appear spacious
Bath pre-sale ideas:
– Don’t do expensive showers and tubs replacements. These big ticket items, like kitchen cabinets, are a matter of taste that all buyers may not like. Focus instead on replacing tub and shower fixtures with nice new ones.
– Freshen the vanity with a new mirror and bright lights. Here also, feature a nice new faucet.
– Declutter the vanity just like you did in the kitchen.
– Add some colorful new towels, rug and maybe a scented candle
Talk to your real estate agent for more ideas on preparing your home for sale. They’ll surely have some good input. In the meantime, we hope this information was useful as you prepare your Wisconsin property for sale. See more tips at RIS Media For more information, please see another article on 3 easy steps to make a home easier to sell.
Thank you for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate blog for information on preparing your home for sale.
photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/cote/3837591108/