Do you believe in Homeownership? Plenty of people do and see it as part of the American Dream. There are many opportunities for home buyers these days where we have a high inventory of homes for sale in Wisconsin and low mortgage rates. This could be a wonderful time to buy for those with good credit and stable jobs. Owning a home is not just a financial commitment, though. People buy homes because homeownership matters. Now could be the time to get all those lifestyle benefits for a low cost. Fannie Mae released its 4th quarter 2010 National Housing survey filled with real estate data, charts and graphs. Here are a few highlights about what Americans think about homeownership, in case you are wondering if you should jump into the real estate market.
– 96% of homeowners believe homeownership has been a positive experience.
– 84% of Americans believe that owning a home makes more sense than renting – even 68% of those renting believe owning makes more sense.
– Buying a home was considered a safer investment than buying stock by a large margin
– 2 out of 3 Americans believe the lifestyle benefits they get out of being a homeowner are superior to the financial benefits of owning a home. Owning is worth it in their minds, even if the financial benefit were to decrease.
So what are those lifestyle benefits detailed in the report that make owning a home so desirable?
– Having a good place to raise children and provide a good education
– Having a structure where you feel safe
– More space
– Control over your space
The financial benefits of owning a home were listed as
– Paying rent is not a good investment
– Homebuying provides a good opportunity for financial growth
– Owning can build up wealth
– Owning can be a retirement investment
– Owning a home currently provides tax benefits
– Owning a home enables you to borrow the equity
Read more about why people buy homes. And we hope you’ll consider buying Wisconsin reale state with First Weber Group when you are ready and hope you search using firstweber.com. Here are some simple tips on saving for a downpayment if that is a road block for you. Little things really do add up!
Thank you for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.