Dane County 2013 United Way Days of Caring
[Kathy Konichek] The 21st annual United Way of Dane County Days of Caring event was held last week with over 3,500 volunteers working at various agencies. First Weber Group participated with 6 teams and 29 volunteers. Pictures of the volunteers and their projects are pictured in this post.
First Weber Teams helped the following organizations with these tasks:
- Community Action Coalition for South Central WI: clothes sorting provided by Mary Thro (Fitchburg)
- Second Harvest Food Bank: food repackaging provided by Brenda Cuta, Sue Goldstein, Laurie Howard, Monika Launder, and Lance Optenberg (Fitchburg), Mary Parish (West Towne), and Mary Grunow (First Weber Foundation)
- Schumacher Farm Park, Waunakee: pulling bad weeds provided by Karen Berg and her son Bryce Berg (East Madison).
- Dane County Humane Society: outdoor work provided by Miranda Berg, Meghan Frasier, Jacob Moermond, Kim Moermond, Sam Moermond, Jenelle Skalitzky, Jessica Wegmuller, and Heather Zoerb (Corp. Ctr.) and Brendan McGrath (Fitchburg).
- YMCA of Dane County: painting of the Sun Prairie Youth Center provided by Yvette Frasier (WT) and Debra Imhoff, Audra McGuire, Mary Schleif, Amanda Stueber, Sheryl Theo, and Kathi Wacek (Corp. Ctr.).
- Community Action Coalition for South Central WI: painting provided by Karen Berg, Bryce Berg, Gary Kelley, Tom Weber, and Melinda Zellmer (East Madison).
Also, a big thank you goes to Julie Teter (Middleton) and Jennie Post (Fitchburg) for donating school supplies for the donation drive!
First Weber Group is proud to support our communities through service programs and our First Weber Foundation! If you liked this post, please share.