One of the best things you can do for your home and property is to maintain it properly. This will result in fewer larger repairs and make care easier in the long run. Now that fall has arrived, take a look at this to-do list to prepare your yard/house for the coming winter. You will be very glad you did when spring finally comes around again!
1. Drain the outside hose
2. Pull out spent annual flowers from flower pots/hanging baskets, stack and stow away
3. Put away patio furniture
4. Divide overgrown perrenials
5. Stay on top of leaf clean up
6. Sow grass seed on any bare spots in the lawn
7. Cut most perrenials down to a few inches off the ground
8. Check weather stripping around windows and doors
9. Check your gutters, install gutter guards if needed
10. Plant trees or shrubs.
11. Cover the Air Conditioner
12. Test smoke detectors
13. Power wash decks, walks
Doing a few of these tasks each weekend will make maintaining your home and yard an easy task.
If home and yard maintenance has gotten to be too much, maybe it is time to downsize or move to a condominium. See what is available for sale in Wisconsin at firstweber.com. Or, if you just need a little extra help, considering hiring a lawn service – check out some vendors at First Weber’s Concierge Desk.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog. For Wisconsin real estate for sale, please see firstweber.com. To learn about life in Wisconsin, check out our relocation category or our weekly community events in Wisconsin posts. TO learn more about First Weber, please see our about us page.
photo credit https://www.flickr.com/photos/vbecker/8434506398/
photo credit https://www.flickr.com/photos/cimorenegal/2595113627