Read the full article about the five things to do when buying a home as reported in RIS Media. Here is a summary and some additional commentary on the article:
1. DO take time to know your credit score – it may get you a better mortgage rate. By learning your credit score, you can also see how you are doing in managing your finances. Free credits reports are available all over the internet.
2. DO explore mortgage preapproval before you start looking for homes.You’ll know what you can afford and not waste time looking at what you can’t. A preapproval also shows you are a serious buyer
3. DO start off with profesional help. Your Realtor can help you with number 1 and 2 above as well as make your home search easier by sending you new listings via email that match your criteria. A good Realtor keeps their eyes peeled for what their customers are looking for. You don’t have to do all the work yourself. Consider signing a Buyer Agent agreement for the best representation.
4. DO anticipate your future needs. How long do you plan to stay in the property? Will it work for you 5 years from now? People move often for lifestyle reasons so keep your changing lifestyle in mind.
5. DO set priorities on what you are looking for in a property – but separate them into the “Must-Have features” and the “Nice to Have, but not imperative” features. It is possible that no house will have absolutely everything you need and want and you will need to decide what is most important.
Happy house hunting! Let us know if we can help in anyway.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog for information on five things to do when buying a home in Wisconsin. For additional information for homebuyers in Wisconsin, please see our home buying section on firstweber.com or our home buyer category on this blog. To search for real estate for sale in Wisconsin, please visit firstweber.com