De-cluttering is a great way to prepare your home for sale and it’s refreshing to do this even if you are not planning on moving. A clean, clutter-free space is a more inviting place to live and relax in. Here are some ideas to help clean up your home – whether you’re selling or not. Houzz is a great website for ideas for the home and has some wonderful pictures. Check out the article about Clutter Clearing and here’s an excerpt below.
1. Get motivated and have a goal. Put on some upbeat music to make cleaning up more fun.
2. Start with the easy stuff. Go room by room and pick up the papers, the magazines, the things out of place and put them where they belong or recycle them.
3. Realize that less is more. Keep only what is needed, loved, useful and/or used.
4. Make your bedroom a peaceful place. Bedrooms are where you recharge. Make it a stress free place by de-cluttering. And don’t just stuff things in the closet. Buyers open closets and so will you and when you do, you’ll rediscover a mess.
5. In with the new, out with the old. Some people subscribe to the idea that when you buy something new, like a piece of clothing, that you should give one away to make sure you are not accumulating “too much stuff.”
Keep it clean with a little effort every day
Now that you’ve read some of these tips, take action to make your home a more enjoyable place to be and an easier home to sell, if your home is for sale. If you are selling, you know your home needs to be in show-ready condition. Don’t just do a mega clean and let your home go. Keep up on cleaning up daily to be ready when showing requests come in. That reduces stress, too.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog for tips on how to de-clutter the home. It’s a little work but worth it, even if your home is not for sale. If you are thinking of selling your home, please see firstweber.com. If you have questions about Wisconsin real estate, please contact First Weber or leave a comment.
photo credi http://www.flickr.com/photos/realestaging/2626461491/ via CC license