It’s always hard to predict how long it will take to find a home to buy. Given the current low-inventory environment, it may take you longer than it would in a balanced market that has enough homes for sale to satisfy the current buyer demand.
Patience needs to be a key component of your home search mentality. Even if a home you like a lot comes along quickly in your search, other buyers may have the same idea. You could end up in competition. If you aren’t the winning bidder, don’t let disappointment immobilize you.
- Make intelligent compromises – not every home will have everything you need or want.
- Buy for the long term, do not be compulsive
- Make a strong offer, now is not the time for lowball offers.
- Sign up for a free My First Weber account for email updates on listings matching your criteria and see all new listings you like
- Be pre-approved for a mortgage with a reputable lender
- Check out sold prices in the area you are searching to see what houses are selling for in order to make a strong offer
- Use First Weber’s iPhone/iPad app or Android app while driving neighborhoods for instant access to up to date statistics
BUYER AGENCY COULD REALLY HELP
Contact a First Weber agent if we can help you with buyer agency in Wisconsin. You can be represented by a professional negotiating on your behalf as a buyer agent, but only after signing a buyer agency agreement. A buyer’s agent could be a huge help to you when you are buying a home in a tight market.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.