Cool fall weather makes yard work a breeze. Time to get a few items done before the really cold weather comes. Throw something in the slow cooker and dinner will be waiting for you after tackling several of these fall home maintenance tasks. Nothing better than walking into a house that smells great while you get work done!
Try a few of these each day to make the work go quickly and painlessly:
- Clean your gutters
- Make sure your downspouts are clear of leaves
- Check the roof and chimney
- Rake or blow leaves
- Turn off outside faucets, drain the hoses
- Cut down spent plantings
- Change smoke detector batteries
- Go through your spice cabinet
- Pack away the patio furniture
- Change out the seasonal clothes and coats
- Check the fireplace
- Put out some mums and/or pumpkins
For more things to do around the house in fall, click through the slide show below using the small white triangles.