While it is still on the “warm” side, time to wrap up some home and yard items. Throw something in the slow cooker and dinner will be waiting for you after tackling several of these fall home maintenance tasks. Nothing better than the smell of a home cooked meal cooking while you are checking things off your list.
Try a few of these each day to make the work go quickly and painlessly:
• Store gardening and lawn care equipment for the winter
• Fire up the snowblower to be sure it is working order
• Put away the patio furniture
• Make sure the gutters are clear
• Check your downspouts
• Blow or rake the final leaves off the lawn
• Trim trees while in their dormant state
• Check weatherstripping around doors and windows
• Put away the spring and fall outerwear to make room for coats, boots, hats & scarves
• Schedule a furnace tune up and/or a fireplace inspection
• Clean the carpets
For more things to do around the house in fall, click through the slide show below using the small white triangles.
If this work around the house is getting too much for you, consider hiring professionals though First Weber’s Concierge program in which we’ve pre-screened vendors for you. Check out our Concierge Service here and select your regional area at the right.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin:
Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com