Ignoring little problems around the house can result in big problems. Take the time and invest a little money in maintaining your home and its systems before you have an expensive situation to fix – or entirely replace.
Show your house some love and it will shine when it comes time to sell
1. Have your heating & cooling systems inspected annually. Spending several hundred dollars buys a lot of peace of mind and can save an emergency trip charge when the furnace goes out in the winter.
2. Chimney inspection/cleaning annually, before you fire up the fireplace. Costs for inspection and cleaning will come in around $200 or more.
3. Power Washing and sealing the deck. A cleaning and sealing is recommended 1-3 years. Don’t let your deck go – it’ll look bad, nails may pop out, boards may warp and split. You could hire out this project or buy yourself a power washer.
4. Dryer-vent cleaning, annually. Cost estimated at $200 but priceless – lint build-up is a potential fire hazard.
5. Carpet cleaning annually to extend the life of your carpet – more for homes with kids or pets. Carpeting can cost thousands of dollars. The better you take care of it, the less times you’ll have the inconvenience and cost of paying to replace it.
These simple maintenance tasks can fix problems which could escalate into serious problems/expenditures. And when you take good care of your home, it will take good care of you when it shows like a well maintained property when you decide to sell and move on. When that time comes, please think of your favorite First Weber real estate agent.
Thank you for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog about 5 ways to take care of the home you’re in.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com