Ahhh, summer – the time we Wisconsinites wait for all year long. Many people spend as much time as possible outside and value outdoor spaces more than ever. If you are selling your home this summer, pay special attention to your yard, patio and deck. Make it easy for buyers to imagine grilling with friends, eating dinner on the patio. You’ve staged the inside of your home – do the outside, too.
Some tips for summer selling:
- Place flowers around the front porch and patio/deck.
- Keep the lawn mowed and trimmed – hire a service if you can’t keep up.
- Keep the patio or deck neat – put attractive patio furniture out.
- Put up the umbrella on the patio set.
- Firepits are popular – if you have one, set it up with a fire just waiting to be lit.
- Powerwash decks, concrete patios, clean dusty and dirty chairs that have been stored all winter.
- Store hoses for tidiness.
And, inside…keep your home cool so it is refreshing the moment potential buyers walk in. Summer is short in Wisconsin and right now you have an opportunity to showcase your outdoor space better than ever.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Western WI, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.