Americans are feeling upbeat about the housing market Fannie Mae’s Home Purchase Sentiment Index. Overall, the index score rose to 86.5 in July, an all-time high.
Some of the findings include:
- 41% expect housing prices to rise over the next year
- 67% would buy if they were to move
- Only 27% said they would rent if they had to move – an all-time low for this survey
- 33% say now is a good time to buy a home, up 1% over June
- 20% says it is a good time to sell, up 2% over June and an all-time survey high. Still seems on the low side with the shortage of homes for sale in areas of Wisconsin.
- 36% believe mortgage rates will drop even lower in the next year
- 69% say they are confident in their employment situation and not worried about losing a job.
- 11% say household income is significantly more than it was a year ago
Source REALTORMag & Fannie Mae
Is a change in housing on your mind? Confidence in the real estate market is high. We can help whether you need selling services, a buyer’s agent or just a free home market analysis on your home. Find a First Weber agent here
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Southwest Wisconsin, Western Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com