The real estate market remains very hot in the Metro Milwaukee area. Sales are down 5% from last July, but prices are rising high and days on market continues to decrease.
Well-priced homes in the lower price ranges are getting snatched up quickly. You do, however, still need an agent to sell. Getting a buyer is JUST the tip of the iceberg when it comes to selling a home. And as for buyers, a buyer agent is needed now more than ever!
Here’s an update by county of July’s real estate activity: Source GMAR and MLS
Milwaukee County home sales
- 1118 Milwaukee County home sales this year compared to last July’s 1179, a decrease of 5%.
- Median sales price up 9% to $161,500
- Days on market are now at 37 days, down 38% compared to last July.
Waukesha County home sales
- 627 Waukesha County home sales this year compared to last July’s 637, a decrease of 1.6%.
- Days on market is at 38 days, down 30% compared to last July
- Median sales price up 7.3% to $295,000
Ozaukee County home sales
- 135 Ozaukee County home sales this year compared to last July’s 144, a decrease of 6%.
- Days on market are now at 38 days, down 43% compared to last July
- Median sale price up 11.5% to $285,000
Washington County home sales
- 202 Washington County home sales this year compared to last July’s 237, a decrease of 14%.
- Days on market are now at 47 days, down 21% compared to last July
- Median sales price up 18% to $235,000
Racine County home sales
- 265 Racine County home sales this year compared to last July’s 268, a decrease of 1%.
- Days on market are now at 52 days, down 36% compared to last July.
- Median sales price steady at $159,450
Check out your competition
If you are thinking of selling your home, check out your competition at firstweber.com
Try out our Automatic Valuation Tool
You can get 3 instant home valuations just by entering your address at FirstWeber.com. Then, contact your agent to talk it over for their opinion.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Central Wisconsin, Southwest WI, Western WI, parts of MN, Michigan’s U.P., Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.