Many people begin their outdoor planting this weekend… this year consider doing something other than the standard potted flowers or hanging baskets. Try a trellis with climbing vines/flowers. Bonus: lots of plants good for trellis-use are perennials, you can make your own or choose from a wide variety of trellises made of different material/designs.
1. They’re great for small space – grow vertical
2. Choose a specimen plant and create a focal point
3. Dress up an undesirable view
4. Add curb appeal and vertical interest without damaging siding
5. Create a privacy screen
6. Create dimension or separations in your space
7. Break up a large expanse of fence or bare area
8. Make a “no-yard” space feel like a garden
9. Add impact to arbors, pergolas, and outbuildings
Enjoy experimenting with adding a trellis to your yard!