- Wisconsin’s current homeownership rate is 70%, down just slightly from 70.9% in 2009. Midwest states have a higher percentatge of homeownership than other states.
- Even with the housing downturn and foreclosure crisis, almost 90 percent of homeowners with a mortgage are current in their payments.
- More than a third of all homes in the U.S. are owned outright.
- Wisconsin did not have the level of subprime lending that other states had and thus did not see the dramatic drop in values states such as Florida and Arizona have had.
- Homeownership continues to be a strong long term investment which provides shelter and a higher quality of life.
- A house may be viewed as an investment but more than anything it is home.
Amid the many negatives in the news today, First Weber is happy to share some of these positive real estate statistics or thoughts wth you. We’re prepared to help make your home buying or selling experience as positive as it can be. Please contact First Weber when you are ready to talk Wisconsin real estate.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate blog for some positive thoughts on homeownership in Wisconsin. Read full article.