It is very important to stand out from the pack with the many homes for sale in Wisconsin right now. A little work and extra effort in keeping the home clean and show-ready can make a big difference. Staging can be done by yourself with the tips below or you can hire a professional stager if you have a budget for it.
Let’s say you are going to try to stage your home yourself. Where do you start? And when are you finished?
Here are 7 steps:
1. Start by cleaning the home from top to bottom. A clean house is a must. (And KEEP it clean! Yes, it takes effort.)
2. While cleaning, declutter and depersonalize. Put away the kickknacks, stash the pile of magazines, put personal photographs away.
3. Store some of your furniture. Removing a piece or two from a room can make the room look larger and certainly less cluttered. This goes for all rooms!
4. Brighten the rooms. Paint in a pleasing neutral tone, use high wattage bulbs, accessorize sparingly with accent pieces which brighten the room with color.
5. Clean your closets. Closets are an important feature and the doors WILL be opened by potential buyers. Make sure they are not stuffed, but neatly arranged. Donate excess clothing or store it with your excess furniture until it is time to move.
6. Welcome buyers by setting the scene. Put flowers on the counter, logs in the fireplace and make sure your home smells inviting!
7. Stage the outside of your home to set the tone from the time they drive up: Yard is well-kept, bushes trimmed, door is painted and clean. Powerwash patios, siding, walkways. Set out a fresh doormat or door decoration and flank the front door with flowers, if in season.
Worth the effort
The above costs little except time and effort but should enhance your home’s appeal greatly. For more advice on staging a home to sell in Wisconsin, please talk to a First Weber agent for their personal tips. As Wisconsin Realtors, First Weber agents are in and out of many properties for sale – they know what sells and what doesn’t.
We hope these tips were helpful to you. Thank you for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate blog for tips on staging your home to sell. If you have any tips you’d like to share about how you prepared your home for sale, please feel free to share it in the comments.
Photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/thenickster/4965362585/