This is the time of year when I hear the same mantra; “Call me when the snow melts”. Unfortunately by thinking spring, buyers are missing out on some of the best opportunities to view rural properties. So if you’re sitting on the sidelines stocking up chips for the Super Bowl, here are some things for you to consider:
1. The leaves are off the trees and the crops are harvested so the visibility is great. The snow enhances this visibility as the trees, springs, rock outcroppings and other features are in sharp contrast.
2. The snow isn’t as deep as you may think. As I write this in mid January; here in Southwest Wisconsin much of the early snow we received is melted down to a hard layer with a little fresh powder on top. Walking is quite comfortable and because of the added visibility you have to walk much less to get a good feel for a property.
3. You won’t get cold. A couple warm layers will keep you comfortable in all but the coldest weather and in my opinion it’s better than 80 degrees and humid!
4. No bugs and poison ivy.
5. There’s less competition for properties in the winter as there are fewer buyers on the hunt. In some cases, this can mean better deals.
6. For hunters this is a great time of year to check for wildlife signs and make note of where they’re traveling in case you purchase the property. By noting when the last snow fall was, the number of tracks can tell a story on animal density.
7. And finally, getting out into nature on a winter day is a great cure for cabin fever and will leave you feeling refreshed and exhilarated. Give your agent a call and don’t miss out on this rural property prime time.
Originally posted on Jay’s Southwest Wisconsin real estate blog
Jay was also featured here also featured here. http://host.madison.com/wsj/business/real-estate/article_eda3f112-259a-11e0-bd56-001cc4c002e0.html
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate blog for information on the best time to view and buy rual property in Wisconsin.
photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterhowe/2191100489/