Want to do some remodeling and not sure what will be money well spent? According to the 2010-2011 Remodeling magazine’s Cost vs Value report, the following are the top ten home improvement projects that bring the best return on cost and add value. Below is the list and more information with slide show can be found at frontdoor.com.
1. A new front door: 102%
2. New garage door, especially if yours faces the street: 83.9%
3. New siding, especially fiber-cement: 80%
4. Wood deck: 72.8%
5. Window replacement: 67.5%
6. Minor kitchen remodel: 72.8%
7. Attic remodel which adds a bedroom: 72.2%
8. Basement remodel: 70%
9. Major kitchen remodel: 68.7%
10. Two story addition: 65% Plan an addition wisely and do not over-improve for your block.
We hope this list offers some guidance. Check out the FrontDoor.com link for more information and some great pictures.
If you need information on how to prepare your home to sell, sometimes staging is all that is needed – along with some minor repairs. Please see Staging for optimum value for more. Before making major improvements if thinking of selling, talk to a Realtor first. They may have insight into if the changes you are planning would help or hinder a sale.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog for information on home remodeling that adds value and pays off. Please contact First Weber Group if you need Wisconsin real estate services.
photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/pullpusher/4780551166/