Spring/Summer is finally rolling into Wisconsin. It is so gratifying to see the grass turn green again after a long winter. If you spend a lot of time outdoors and are thinking of making some changes to your landscape, here are some landscaping trends from RealtyTimes
1. Pergolas – adds architectural interest and embraces sun and shade. Plus, a pergola is a great place to hang plants or allow vines to climb.
2. Flagstone Patio – Flag stone is a flat stone in a variety of colors and sizes. It can be a great addition to the yard where you would not want a wood deck or concrete.
3. Natural stains – Look for "Soy-Based", "natural pigments" and "non-hazardous" on the label.
4. New Age Wicker – Resin based pieces can be left outside and rain without rotting.
5. Fountains/water feature – Flowing water means energy in Feng Shui. Many people find the sound of water soothing. Look for solar powered water features to save on energy.
6. Regional plants – Choose plants that are native to the area. They will perform better and will be suited to the landscape – needing less tending and perhaps less water which will allow you to conserve. Ask an expert at your garden center for advice.
7. Solar lighting – these not only conserve energy but they look great and come in many styles to compliment your house and yard.
Do you have any plans for your yard this year? If so, please share your ideas. Improving your landscape can improve the value of your home.
For a look back at lansdscaping tends over the years, check out this article on landscaping trends in the 20’s-50’s And here is another article on HGTV landscaping trends you may be interested in. It also mentions low water gardens, water features and durable material that can stay outside and not get ruined.
Thank you for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog for some landscaping ideas now that spring has arrived!