So you found a new place! It’s all wonderful and exciting until you start to think about how much stuff you have.
There are some really good tips in the above linked post.
Pictured is an easy way to pack clothing right out of the closet, hanger and all.
Other great ideas include:
- Taking a picture of the back of your electronics so you can remember how all the wires are configured for easy set up at your new destination.
- Have a clear bin for your “need right away” items such as cleaning supplies, toilet paper, food, snacks, drinks
- Pack a change of clothes for all family members in an overnight bag
- Wrap glasses and stemware in socks to save space
- Don’t move empty baskets, fill them!
- Label your boxes with the room they are for.
- If you were renting, there’s your security deposit to think about. Take a picture of the place as you left it to help with any problems in getting that deposit back.
The actual MOVING part of buying a home isn’t that fun – it can be hard and heavy work. BUT, setting up your things in your new home is very exciting! The more of these tips you take advantage of, the easier it will be to get unpacked.
Hope you like them! If you need movers, check out First Weber’s Concierge Desk for approved vendors. If you are still searching for that new home or condo in Wisconsin, search firstweber.com for thousands of options.
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog for these moving tips designed to make your life easier. If you liked this post, please share.