The real estate market remains very active in the Metro Milwaukee area. Sales are up over 3.7% compared with this time last year.
The average sales price has now surpassed pre-recession peak prices. “Days on Market” is down considerably across the metro area.
Well-priced homes in the lower price ranges are getting snatched up quickly. You do, however, still need an agent to sell. Getting a buyer is JUST the tip of the iceberg when it comes to selling a home. And as for buyers, a buyer agent is needed now more than ever!
Here’s an update by county of June’s real estate activity: Source GMAR and MLS
Milwaukee County home sales
- 1349 Milwaukee County home sales this year compared to last June’s 1343, an increase of .4%.
- Median sales price up 11.8% to $170,000
- Days on market are now at 38 days, down 36% compared to last June.
Waukesha County home sales
- 763 Waukesha County home sales this year compared to last June’s 742, an increase of 2.8%.
- Days on market is at 41 days, down 29% compared to last June
- Median sales price up 6% to $290,950
Ozaukee County home sales
- 192 Ozaukee County home sales this year compared to last June’s 181, an increase of 6%.
- Days on market are now at 51 days, down 26% compared to last June.
- Median sale price steady at $293,000
Washington County home sales
- 286 Washington County home sales this year compared to last June’s 231, an increase of 28%.
- Days on market are now at 41 days, down 24% compared to last June.
- Median sales price down 5% to $209,000
Racine County home sales
- 336 Racine County home sales this year compared to last June’s 323, an increase of 4%.
- Days on market are now at 46 days, down 40% compared to last June.
- Median sales price up 5% to $179,450
Check out your competition
If you are thinking of selling your home, check out your competition at firstweber.com
Try out our Automatic Valuation Tool
You can get 3 instant home valuations just by entering your address at FirstWeber.com. Then, contact your agent to talk it over for their opinion.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Central Wisconsin, Southwest WI, Western WI, parts of MN, Michigan’s U.P., Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.