The real estate market remains very active in the Metro Milwaukee area. Sales are up over .7% overall compared to last year at this time.
The average sales price continues to rise. “Days on Market” is down considerably across the metro area.
Well-priced homes in the lower price ranges are getting snatched up quickly. You do, however, still need an agent to sell. Getting a buyer is JUST the tip of the iceberg when it comes to selling a home. And as for buyers, a buyer agent is needed now more than ever!
Here’s an update by county of September’s real estate activity: Source GMAR and MLS
Milwaukee County home sales
- 1004 Milwaukee County home sales this year compared to last September’s 991, an increase of 1.3%.
- Median sales price up 9% to $157,900
- Days on market are now at 42 days, down 22% compared to last September.
- New listings up 3%
Waukesha County home sales
- 487 Waukesha County home sales this year compared to last September’s 553, a decrease of 11.9%.
- Days on market is at 41 days, down 24% compared to last September
- Median sales price up 2.6% to $280,000
- New listings up 7.8%
Ozaukee County home sales
- 114 Ozaukee County home sales this year compared to last September’s 119, a decrease of 4.2%.
- Days on market are now at 49 days, down 15% compared to last September.
- Median sale price steady at $279,500
- New listings up 20%
Washington County home sales
- 218 Washington County home sales this year compared to last September’s 181, an increase of 20%.
- Days on market are now at 41 days, down 40% compared to last September.
- Median sales price down 4.8% to $229,000
Racine County home sales
- 275 Racine County home sales this year compared to last September’s 287, a decrease of 4%.
- Days on market are now at 45 days, down 36% compared to last September.
- Median sales price up 6% to $174,500
Check out your competition
If you are thinking of selling your home, check out your competition at firstweber.com
Try out our Automatic Valuation Tool
You can get 3 instant home valuations just by entering your address at FirstWeber.com. Then, contact your agent to talk it over for their opinion.
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Central Wisconsin, Southwest WI, Western WI, parts of MN, Michigan’s U.P., Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living blog.