Moving day can be stressful on everyone. Regardless of how carefully you plan your move, the day itself is still filled with activity and unexpected issues which can cause anxiety. If you have pets, imagine how unsettled they feel as their environment is packed up and taken away?
While nothing can prevent all stress, there are a few tips to make the move easier on your furry family members.
• Prepare a pet-kit. This should include all the necessities; food, toys, blankets, etc.
• Talk with your vet. In advance, determine if you need a new vet and any specific concerns they have for your pet. You might even consider a sedative.
• Isolate your pets from the action and keep them safely contained.
• Transport your pets in your own car. While movers often offer pet moving services, try to keep them with you, if at all possible.
• Remember behavior could change. Keep pets carefully contained while moving. A scared dog could run away during a potty break, even if this isn’t normal behavior.
• Introduce pets to the home slowly. Allow them to adjust to their new surroundings by slowly allowing them to move around the home.
Keep to the normal food & feeding schedule.
Introduce them to their bed, favorite furniture with the good, familiar smells.
Help them feel secure in their new home by changing as little as possible.
And lastly, give them some extra attention and love!
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin, Southwest Wisconsin, Western Wisconsin, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin, Western Wisconsin, Parts of MN, Michigan’s UP and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com