Summer is finally here which means you need to soak up all Wisconsin has to offer this summer! Check out 8 ways you can enjoy this summer all over the state.
- Visit Devils Lake State Park
- Devils Lake is one of Wisconsin’s most popular state parks and is a must-visit destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy the water with available kayak, canoe, and paddleboard rentals. You can relax on the two sandy beaches or spend some time hiking on over 29 miles of hiking trails ranging from easy to hard with beautiful views all around. Devils Lake is a great place to spend the day, or if you are looking for a more extended stay, there are many campsites located in the park.
- Stop at a Top Brewery or Winery Around the State (or two or three)
- Enjoy a sip at Wollersheim Winery sitting on a scenic hillside across the Wisconsin River from Prairie du Sac.
- Relax with a glass or bottle at River Bend Winery & Distillery in Chippewa Falls. Local wine with an unforgettable experience.
- Try an array of award-winning wines at Cedar Creek Winery, a family-run winery located in Cedarburg.
- Drink the signature Wisconsin beer, Spotted Cow, at New Glarus Brewing Company, nestled on top of a hill overlooking the Wisconsin countryside.
- Try a new and exciting beer at 608 Brewing Company in La Crosse where they make great beer for great people. Their evolving tap menu includes everything from IPAs to fruited sours to old-school lagers.
- Heading up north this summer? Check out Minocqua Brewing Company where you can find good beer and live music nearly every night of the week this summer!
- Explore Madeline Island
- We’ve all heard of the Apostle Islands in Lake Superior; well Madeline Island is the largest of the islands. With a 3-mile ferry ride from Bayfield, you will arrive in La Pointe, the only town on the island. Explore everything the area offers, such as hiking, biking, kayaking, swimming, canoeing, golfing, shopping, and dining! Madeline Island has become a must-stop destination for Wisconsin travelers.
- Enjoy Music at Summerfest
- If you are from Wisconsin, you’ve probably heard of Summerfest. If not, it is one of the World’s Largest Music Festivals and it takes place in Milwaukee every summer starting June 22nd going through July 8th. With the 2023 lineup containing nine headliners and tons of other performers, you’ll definitely find some music you enjoy.
- Discover the Driftless Area
- If you haven’t already explored the Driftless Region in Wisconsin, this summer is the time to do it! Located in the southwestern part of the state, this area went without glacial drifts which resulted in dramatic landscapes of repeated bluffs and valleys going on for more than a hundred miles. A couple of things to do in this region of the state include canoeing or tubing down the quiet Kickapoo River, hiking Grandads bluff in La Crosse, camping at Wildcat Mountain State Park, and of course many others.
- Spend Some Time at Lake Geneva
- Enjoy some lake time and fun activities in the southeastern part of the state at Lake Geneva, where you can find activities for all ages. Lake Geneva is the perfect spot for boating, tubing, paddleboarding, jet skiing, sailing, fishing, and much more. On land, time can be spent at a local eatery, a game of golf, or a leisurely day at the beach.
- Relax at the Terrace
- Visiting the Memorial Union Terrace is another great place you are sure to have a good time this summer. Located in downtown Madison, you can find gorgeous lake views, your food faves, and live music. This is the perfect place to relax and enjoy a sunny day or beautiful night. Looking for more to do here? Check out this list of events happening here all summer.
- Take a Trip to Door County
- There is no shortage of things to do in Door County in the summer months. Check out Cave Point County Park known for iconic natural landscapes where you can hike, bike, picnic, and swim. Experience some remoteness on one of the many islands. Go kayaking and experience the beautiful caves and scenic waterways. There are so many cute shops in Door County to wander through and endless options for dining and enjoying a drink.
If you are looking for more ways to enjoy what Wisconsin has to offer, visit our Community Pages.
Founded in 1971, First Weber Realtors® is a part of HomeServices of America, the nation’s largest provider of total home services. With 70 offices and more than 1,400 real estate professionals, First Weber is consistently number one in Wisconsin for unit sales and real estate sales volume. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com