What you should remember about holiday decorations and fire safety… A cozy fire in the winter is something we all enjoy, but only when it’s confined to the fireplace.
Don’t skim over this list! Fire safety is basic but so very important.
1. Extenstion cords: Don’t use them if you don’t have to.
2. Candles: Also use a candle holder and do not leave unattended.
3. Lighted trees must be watered regularly, especially this year. We’re hearing the trees are very dry because of the drought.
4. Ashes from the fire must be put into METAL containers. Do not assume they are completely out.
5. Space Heaters: be very careful of placement and also for how long you run them.. Read their safety instructions.
Seven more at inman.com
Fireplaces are very popular features in Wisconsin homes during winter and especially the holidays because of the homey atmosphere a glowing fire provides. Have a safe holiday and follow these tips!
See on www.inman.com
Thanks for reading the First Weber Wisconsin real estate & Wisconsin living for fire safety tips for the home. Happy Holidays!
photo credit http://www.flickr.com/photos/traviswiens/3761198872/