For most of us, home is where we spend the majority of our time. We keep our possessions here. We live with loved ones here. It only makes sense to do whatever you can to make your home as safe as it can be – to protect all that is important to us.
Follow these quick tips to make your home a safer place.
- Trim shrubs, bushes and trees away from windows, doors and the roof. Not only could branches fall on the house in a storm but bushes provide potential cover for those trying to break in.
- Have working fire extinguishers on all levels of your home
- Test your detectors regularly : both smoke and carbon monoxide
- Add exterior lighting, such as motion sensors, by doors, driveway and garage.
- Get into the habit of locking all windows and doors, including the garage side door. Double check before leaving the home on vacation.
- Invest in a special lock for sliding patio doors.
- Clean the dryer vent out on a regular basis
- Consider installing an alarm system or video cameras to keep an eye on your home.
Home is a very special place. Keep it that way by spending a little time to make it the safest it can be,
First Weber sells real estate throughout Wisconsin & more: Metro Milwaukee and Southeastern WI, South Central Wisconsin/Greater Madison, Southwestern WI, Western WI & parts of Minnesota, Michigan’s Upper Peninsula, Central Wisconsin, Northeast Wisconsin and Wisconsin’s great Northwoods. You can start searching for Wisconsin real estate and Wisconsin real estate agents at firstweber.com